A Season of Change: Part 3

 



Part 3
A Season of Change: A New Chapter in our Life

We had been searching and looking for just the right home in Sacramento for some time but had not found anything at that point. So we decided to put all our belongings into storage. We decided we would move into our van for the meantime. Our daughter and her husband in Sacramento had already told us we could stay with them until we found a house. And that was our plan.




We packed and loaded up a couple nearby storage units. We prepared the van for travel. It felt like prepping for a long van trip! It was all a bit surreal. Through it all we both had absolute peace in what we were doing. We saw the hand of the Lord in each and every step we took. We had no second thoughts.

Just days before closing on our home my daughter texted me with a link to a home she thought we might be interested in. We had a few things we wanted in a home and this house checked all the boxes. I looked at the real estate listing, all the pictures and immediately liked what I saw. I showed my husband to see what he thought. He liked it as well. We prayed and discussed it and felt this was the right home for us. So sight unseen we made an offer on it.

We finished emptying out the house and said our final goodbyes to not only our home but also the wonderful beautiful life we had there.



You can have two things happen at once, sadness and joy. To say it was hard to leave (after 30 years of living there) is an understatement. I stood for the last time in my empty house and through tears I thanked God for such and incredible blessing. I thanked Him for the beautiful life He had blessed us with. 

I remembered all the life we had lived there. Children growing up, meals prepared, the activity of a big family that once made this now quiet home, noisy and chaotic. And those memories were wonderful. I will always keep them close to my heart. That was where the tears came from.

On the other side there was joy! There was a feeling of excitement. There was a new chapter beginning in this story of our life. And there was incredible peace! For both of us. My husband was at peace knowing the weight and responsibility of the home and property were no longer his to carry. It was almost as if retirement life had finally begun. I had peace that no matter what tomorrow brought, the Lord was there leading the way for us. I'm such a homebody that the thought of not having a nest to go to would have normally made me feel very uncertain and not at all comfortable. The opposite of that was true for me at that moment.

Again and again I saw the Lord in all of this large, huge process.

The day after we arrived in Sacramento we went and looked at the house we had made an offer on. And we loved it! We loved the house, the neighborhood, the area around and so much more. We proceeded with sale.

As of the day I'm writing this we have less then two weeks before we get keys to our new home in Sacramento. In the meantime we are learning our way around the area, adjusting to the warmer weather, finding the local grocery stores and settling in.



I hope this will explain to you where I have been this spring/summer! I had so many of you send me messages, leaving comments on past YT videos and sending me emails wondering where I was and if I am ok. So yes!! I am very OK!!

I know I will be back to making videos soon. I am trying to figure out my direction right now. But I know in my heart much of what I shared in the past I will continue to share, simply from a different location :)

There was so much to process in such a short time that I had zero time or energy, both physical and emotional, to even think about videos and letting you all know what was happening. I barely knew what was happening at times!! Ha, Ha!! 

Thank you all for your patients!! 

Much Love, Crystal


Comments